An important aspect of the New York State Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program will be the implementation of care coordination and transitional care programs. This can be accomplished by integrating primary care providers, case management agencies, health homes, and the patients themselves.
CNYCC’s goal is to empower its partner organizations and their employees with the necessary skills to deliver a training plan and provide resources for effective care management principles. The Care Coordination program aims to provide support and a central care coordination resource to educate partner organizations and their employees create a care plan, coordinate care and engage patients.
CNYCC will be providing a series of educational resources and tools related to care coordination for PPS partners. Below you will find current CC training resources:
CNY Care Collaborative's Care Coordination 101 Course Overview
The purpose of the Care Coordination 101 course is to provide a training plan and identify ways CNYCC partner organizations (and their employees) can deliver more comprehensive care management/care coordination services.
The Care Coordination 101 course goal is for partner organizations to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of care coordination/care management and its correlation to patient outcomes.
At the end of CNYCC’s Care Coordination 101 course training, participants will be able to:
• Understand the activities associated with care coordination/care management.
• Understand the levels of care coordination/care management and the benefits of each.
• Understand the purpose of care coordination/care management and its correlation to patient outcomes.
CNYCC Performance Activity
This Care Coordination 101 course is associated with Performance Activity PA_046 due 3/31/2018: “PA_046: Provide "Care Coordination (CC) 101" training with post-training assessment to at least 75% of indicated staff by 3/31/18.”
Partner Organizations assigned PA_046 can demonstrate completion of the PA and be eligible to receive payment) in either of two ways:
1. At least 75% of the partner organizations’ primary care practice staff must complete CNYCC’s “Care Coordination 101” course
-- OR ---
2. The partner organization may attest that the organization has an existing care coordination training that meets the same learning objectives that has been delivered to at least 75% of primary care practice staff.
Partner organizations selecting Option 2 above must utilize the CNYCC-provided Attestation Template and Roster Template for trained staff. Equivalency attestations & training rosters must be submitted via HWapps (admin account required).
Partner Organizations not assigned PA_046 are not required to complete CNYCC’s Care Coordination 101 training but are invited to utilize the course as a resource, if desired.
CNYCC “Care Coordination 101” Course
CNYCC partner organization employees will have access to CNYCC’s Care Coordination 101 course via HWapps, CNYCC’s online Learning Management System licensed from Health Workforce New York (HWNY). The course includes two 1 hour 15 minutes (Part 1) and 1 hour (Part 2) interactive videos and a post-course evaluation.
Below you will find instructions on how partner organizations and their employees can access the Care Coordination 101 course through HWapps:
1. Partner organizations will be asked to identify a Partner Administrator that will manage the training process for their employees, unless previously identified.
2. The Partner Administrator will be provided access to the HWapps Partner Administrator portal and may distribute the training to individual staff members (via the link below).
3. Once staff members click the link to access the course, they will be asked to sign in (if they have registered for a previous CNYCC course) or register as a new user. After signing in, participants can select Care Coordination 101 to begin the course.
4. Staff members will then be required to view the entire interactive video presentation and complete the post-course evaluation.
5. Partner Administrators will have the ability to view and monitor the course completion status for their organizations’ employees through the HWapps Partner Administrator portal.
Please click the following link to CNYCC’s Care Coordination 101 Course: https://www.hwapps.org/dsrip/courses/care-coordination-101/section/3583/
Additional Completion Opportunities for CC 101 Course Requirements
If your organization would like to import the eLearning modules into your own Learning Management System or if your organization has limitations that will prevent employees from accessing embedded videos with audio, please contact CNYCC’s Training Coordinator, Laura Bettina (laura@email@example.com).
For questions related to access for CNYCC’s Care Coordination 101 Course, please contact CNYCC’s Training Coordinator, Laura Bettina (laura@firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mailing List Signup
Join our mailing list for our most recent developments and important information, including the CNY Care Collaborative Weekly Newsletter.